This is an absolute taste sensation! Don’t skip the preserved lemon, it really makes the dish “zing”!
Moroccan Salad with Eggplant
Author: Donna Richards
Recipe type: Lunch
This is an absolute taste sensation! Don't skip the preserved lemon, it really makes the dish "zing"!
- 2 medium eggplants/aubergines, thickly sliced and salted
- 2 capsicums/ peppers cut in to 3 to 4 cheeks
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cauliflower cut into florets, gently steamed
- ½ a preserved lemon
- 1 Tbsp Harissa
- ½ Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large pinch salt
- ½ cup raw cashew mayonnaise
- ¼ Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbsp mint -garnish
- Char-grill eggplants, capsicums and cauliflower- allow to cool.
- Then cut all vegetables into large cubes and combine with chickpeas into large bowl.
- Toss and mix through harrisa, preserved lemon, olive oil and salt.
- Combine ½ cup of raw cashew mayo with ⅓ cucumber, finely chopped.
- Garnish with chopped mint.
- Now its ready to eat!
Get our delicious gluten-free recipe ebook for only $9.95 – click here.