We were very excited to get to speak to Darya Pino Rose, creator of Summer Tomato and author of Foodist: Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight Without Dieting a few days ago. She took some time out of her hectic book launch schedule so we could interview her about her new book.
Darya Pino Rose, PhD is a trained scientist, San Francisco foodist and advocate of local, seasonal foods. Her site is incredibly popular and was named one of TIME’s 50 Best Websites of 2011.
We’ve been Summer Tomato followers since we first started our business, and believe Darya is one of the best people to listen to when it comes to anything related to healthy eating, upgrading your lifestyle and losing weight without dieting. All of this is what Darya calls your healthstyle (she hates the word diet – and we’re so glad she came up with a better word!).
Darya is as passionate and articulate when she speaks as when she writes, so we’re not going to spoil exactly what’s in the interview! But the questions we asked her are below the video.
10 Questions we asked Darya Pino Rose about Foodist
1. What inspired you to write Foodist?
2 “Real food” and “real science” sounds like a contradiction. How do you balance those two things?
3. How did you make the transition from “science geek” to “real food lover”?
4. How is it possible to love food AND lose weight?
5. What are 2-3 top healthy habits to get started on losing weight?
6. Why do you focus on weight control rather than weight loss?
7. Have you had your own weight struggles, and if so how did you overcome them?
8. You have a philosophy about food rather than a set of strict rules, is that right?
9. Who is your book written for? Who should read this book?
10. Where can people get their hands on your book?!
Here’s how you can get your hands on her book:
Amazon: Get Foodist today
Barnes & Noble: Get Foodist today
Summer Tomato: Get Foodist today
We are also giving away ONE COPY OF FOODIST!! All you have to do is leave a comment in the comments section below and tell us why you want a copy of Darya’s book. You have until Saturday 11th May to leave your comment. The lucky winner will be contacted by email and also announced right here on Sunday 12th May.
AND THE WINNER WAS… PATTI!
We had some wonderful comments both here and on our Facebook page. But Patti just won us over. I hope all the rest of you buy the book on Amazon!