Welcome to “If Donna Can Cook It So Can You” series!
In this easy healthy recipe video, I’m actually whipping up our Black Bean And Corn Salad with tuna and avocado, so I can have it for lunch.
Watch Donna cook Black Bean and Corn Salad:
- 1 400g tin of black beans, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cobs of sweetcorn cooked and taken off cob, or 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, cubed
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely cubed
- 425g tin of tuna, drained
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Add all chopped salad ingredients together, then add avocado and tuna to make it into a lunch dish.
- To freshen up, you can add fresh chopped herbs such as parsley and coriander and some extra dressing.
This is a great salad to have as an evening meal with fish or chicken or, like in this video, just add tuna and avocado and have it for lunch.
Some of you already know that I’m not what you’d call a “natural” cook…I just don’t have that flare when it comes to whipping up easy healthy meals.
So, just to show that even if you don’t think you can cook either, we wanted to do this “If Donna Can Cook It So Can You” series because if I can cook it anyone else can too!
Often you see these gourmet chefs creating a so-called ‘easy healthy recipe’ in minutes, yet the rest of us spend an hour and a half and still don’t get edible results.
So please subscribe to our DonnaAndTora Channel on YouTube, as I will be cooking up a storm (and a few other things as well!) so we can all enjoy easy healthy recipes together.
Get a delicious healthy recipe delivered straight to your inbox every week –> click here for your first recipe