This delightful vegan burger is made with tasty Adzuki Beans and Sweet Potato.
Adzuki Beans: Vegan Burgers
Author: Donna Richards
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Vegan Vegetarian
Yummy Adzuki Beans vegan burger with sweet potato and fresh herbs
- 1 Sweet potato boiled, peeled, mashed
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 cup adzuki beans (cooked or canned)
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 2 Tbsp of fresh herbs – chives, parsley or dill
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium spring onion
- ¼ cup almond meal to coat
- 1 medium carrot – grated 1 big pinch salt
- 2 cloves of garlic - diced and sautéed ½ tsp chili flakes or to taste
- ½ red onion – diced and sautéed ½ tsp paprika
- Boil, peel and mash the sweet potato and set aside to cool.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients except almond meal into a blender and lightly blend together.
- Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Make the ingredients into burgers and coat in almond meal.
- Make 2 inch wide and about ¾ inch thick burgers.
- Place the burgers onto an oiled baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes at 375°F/ 190°C, until they are golden on the outside.
- These burgers are ideal with a rocket, zucchini and beetroot salad, with vegan cashew nut mayonnaise as in photo.
Get a delicious healthy recipe delivered straight to your inbox every week –> click here for your first recipe