Raw Cacao Balls
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor, in the order above.
- Blend for 5-10 minutes to eliminate all nibs and lumps until you have a smooth and shiny mixture.
- You may need to stop the blender once or twice to stir around the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Once the mixture has set, take out of the fridge. Use a small ice cream scoop or a serving spoon to scoop out the mix and roll into balls.
- Be sure to work fast at this stage as the cacao butter is very sensitive to the heat of your hands and will get sticky very quickly.
- Keep them plain or roll them in dessicated coconut or chopped nuts to finish.
- Return to fridge for keeping. Remove from fridge approx 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe first featured in our Christmas Healthy Recipes eBook. We did a funny bloopers video as it was the first time we’d used our Vitamix - it was pretty funny!
Now, you really do need a high speed blender for this recipe or you’ll find that you get too frustrated. But if you have a Vitamix or other good quality blender these are an absolute delicious treat. They’re great for a dinner party or for Christmas Day.
Our special guest is Corinna Kovner, both gourmet chef and personal trainer! This time Donna’s behind the camera, though she does pop in at the end to lick the bowl
For more snack ideas, visit Donna & Tora’s healthy snack recipes.